This recipe is incredibly simple, takes no time at all, and is flexible to accommodate whatever seasonal vegetables you have on hand. Many combinations of vegetables, cheeses and herbs would work here. I’ve made it in the spring with tomatoes, basil and goat cheese. Or with asparagus and sharp cheddar. It also makes a great appetizer, just cut it into smaller pieces when it comes out of the oven. If you try it with different toppings, I would love to hear about it – leave a note in the comments!
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
freshly ground salt and pepper
2 large chard leaves, chopped
1 leek, white and light green parts chopped
1 cup shredded mozzarella
2 tbsp grated Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and unroll thawed puff pastry dough onto paper. Fold over the edges of the dough so they make a bit of a ridge (this stops the egg from running off). With a fork prick the pastry everywhere except the edges.
2. Spread chard and leeks on top of pastry.
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs with salt and pepper. Pour on top of tart, spreading it relatively even.
4. Top with mozzarella cheese, then Parmesan.
5. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until egg is cooked.
Serves 2 as main dish.